- All water supplied will be surface water from the Upper Trinity Regional Water District. There would be no water supplied by any of Cross Timbers’ water wells.
- Depending upon water demand from the elevated tank at any point in time, there may be differences in water pressure at various locations throughout the territory served.
- Should there be a building fire or grass fire requiring large amounts of water, there may not be enough water or water pressure to meet your domestic use. It is possible that, depending upon the size of the fire, the elevated water tank will not be able to provide enough water or water pressure to meet the demands caused by the fire. Although both of these situations are remote, the possibility exists that they could occur.
- As a result, we will implement Stage 3 water restrictions effective October 20, 2014 in order to distribute water adequately and equally to each Member. Should there continue to be high demand, we may have to implement Stage 4 to ensure a supply of water for our Members. Check out the Water Demand Management Plan by clicking on the More Info button to the right.
- Cross Timbers Water Supply Corporation will continue to read your meters, respond to all customer service requests, maintain and repair the water lines, meters, and distribution system as is done today. Cross Timbers Water will do the billing.
- UPDATE---UPDATE---UPDATE - OCTOBER 27, 2014
- We have removed all the protective coating inside the tank and are in the process of sand-blasting the inside to receive a new coating.
- There were no major areas found that would have required welding or replacing of portions of the tank's metal bowl.
- The good weather has allowed us to be slightly ahead of schedule.
- We'll continue to update this space as we progress.
Conservation Tips & Identifying Water Leaks - See Other News under News & Reports for these and other topics of interest
The next Regular Board Meeting is on November 17, 2014 at the offices of the Corporation.
PUBLIC HEARINGS SCHEDULED ON ELEVATED WATER TANK